JSTE in Hemel Hemstead, England
The JSTE in Hemel Hempstead (12-16.11.2019) was an amazing event organized by
Penny explained the Community action Dacorum activities. It’s a very very interesting organization, with several good practice about volunteering. Congratulations!
We visited so many inspiring places:
- Radio Dacorum – Radio Dacorum is a community based radio station, broadcast 24/7 through the internet, combining music with an opportunity for residents, voluntary organisations, public authorities and private companies to promote their local activities, along with encouraging a sense of pride in the Dacorum area.
- We visited a very large conservation area in which over 200 volunteers volunteers. Its owned by the National Trust which has over 70,000 volunteers in England.
- Food festival, with fantastic dishes from Kerala, India
- Community Action Dacorum let to LWRMI partners to know a very active volunteer center in Hemel Hempstead: Support4Dacorum Volunteer Centre. Kerry Amorgie gives us her welcome and she explains how her organization works
- A meeting at The Refugee council located in Stevenage Borough Council, where we discussed about refugees and migrants policy, with many differences emerging from country to country.
- The Repair Shed – a big international volunteers organization who is in action to support men aged 50+ stay healthier and happier